Saturday, August 7, 2010

Having Fun . . .

"If you're interested, you will do whatever is comfortable.  If you're committed, you will do whatever it takes."  And that's pretty much how I operate.  But what about just having fun?  Now that doesn't come so easily.  So I surprised myself when I signed up for an ATC exchange through my Digital Magic class.  And found myself doing just that --- having fun! 


I began with a digital collage that was based on a photo I had taken of some wonderful rusty gears.  The barn simply appeared.  These lovely old barns are everywhere in Tennessee,and I stop and photograph them often, just for the sake of preserving something that will never exist again.  So I was not surprised to discover that the image of an old barn is forever etched into my memory and will surface at any given time.

For the image I used a piece of iris/abaca paper with marigold inclusions that I made this summer.  For the text I used some paper that I made from dress pattern tissue.  And in the process, I made an incredible mess in my studio for six little cards!  But I loved the process and will most certainly sign up for another ATC swap.

Now back to those things that I will do whatever it takes to make happen!

2 comments:

  1. Nice collage -- and altogether too perfect a blog. Ya gotta get sloppy with them -- just for fun --snort--

    ReplyDelete