Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A New Beginning . . .


Today is the day! I have toyed with the idea of creating a blog for over a year now. Enough waiting for the right moment . . . time to take the plunge.

I think a major impetus for getting over the hump has been a fabulous class I have been taking on-line with Marie Otero in digital mixed media. At long last, I am beginning to create using the tools I have worked so hard to master in the Adobe Photoshop Elements program. You can read all about her here.  I will be sharing my digital mixed media creations in the days to come.


The big event in my life right now is that I have recently upgraded from a Kodak Z612 to a Canon Rebel T1i. I have had it for barely a month and am finally getting over being intimidated by it. It is a beautiful camera, a joy to use, and it will take me a lifetime to learn to use it and do it justice. But that's exactly what I plan to do!


So I am beginning my first post with a picture I took yesterday with my wonderful new camera. After a rather long hot, dry spell, we have had two lovely days of rain here in Middle Tennessee. In the morning while things were still fresh and the temperatures reasonably cool, I took some pictures of my flower pots that are scattered about in my gardens. Everything was looking so refreshed by the rains and the leaves on the begonias were glistening in the sun. A perfect photo opt for an image of a new beginning. Life is good.


9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Diane. It's interesting how a blog is a little slice of one's life, almost a snapshot in itself. Congrats on your new camera. I call my Canon Rebel XT my "grown up" camera - had to take an online course to learn how to use it.
    Anyhoooo, your blog looks great. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it in the coming days.
    P.S. you can fix your link on Digital Magic's links by eliminating one of the http: Just make sure you delete it before you copy in your URL. Right now it's repeated in your address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. again same thing with your link to Marie's blog. If you look you'll see the repeat of the http.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blog Land Diane, and congratulations on taking that "first" step!
    Your photo is beautiful, great composition! Marie is such an amazing instructor, I too have learn soooo much.
    Barb in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you in blogland Diane. I am so glad you have found the class to be of some use in growing your skills and confidence.
    :-)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blog land. I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo; it's a great beginning to blogging. I, too, am loving the Digital Magic class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Having a blog is a great way to share so much :-)
    ==lennie==

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodie, we get to see more of you! The still life is beautiful -- I've always loved begonias.

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to the wonderful world of blog...you've made a great start!

    ReplyDelete