Thursday, January 27, 2011

"See You Soon . . .

God willing and the creek don't rise."  One of my favorite southern sayings.  And now that I will be living where I have to cross a creek to get to my new home, I completely understand where that saying comes from. 

During the summer months, the creek bed will be fairly dried up, but during the winter and spring, there will be times when I won't be able to cross the creek when the waters are exceptionally high.  But for me, a self proclaimed recluse, it will be a bit like Brer Rabbit saying, "Oh, please, don't throw me in that briar patch!"  I will be happily holed up in my studio, knowing that no one will show up to bother me.  I can hardly wait!

Creek crossing.

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo. But it's gotta be "god willin' and the crick don't rise." Otherwise people will think you are being a smart a**.

    The studio sounds idyllic!

    ReplyDelete