Saturday, June 11, 2011

Settled Into My New Home . . .


We're still working out some of the kinks in the house -- like some plumbing in the upstairs bathroom which will require tearing into  the newly painted drywall.  Curently my husband cannot quite bring himself to ruin his perfect drywall and paint job, but in time . . .

From the image of the mailboxes along the roadway, we look very rural Tennessee, but in fact we are only a few minutes from town.  It doesn't seem like that, by the time we drive through the creek bed and to the back part of the thirty acres.  It feels like we are living miles from everything.  So I guess you could say we have the best of both worlds.

In order to get that shot of the mailboxes, I had to lie down along the side of the road with cars and trucks whizzing by.  I don't think I'd do it again, but I love the image!

So now it's time to hunker down and get back to work.  The first thing that comes to mind is what work?  But I do have an article on journal making coming out in the Sept/Oct issue of "Cloth Paper Scissors" so I thought I might put together a small class and teach coptic binding.  I think it is my favorite book structure.  You can use a soft or a hard cover. And I love the stitching that binds the signatures together that allows the book to open flat, so it is a good structure for a journal or photo journal album.

Tomorrow I will post pictures of the journal I just made for myself.  I use only my own journals now and I just came to the end of the last one I made. 

Signing off for now, but I have made my decision to committ to regular blog posting.  I'm looking forward to it, if for nothing else than to convince myself that I am working and I do indeed have a life!  Hope to hear from others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment